Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bring the falafel

I studied abroad in Jordan last year and became quite accustomed to eating falafel. Luckily for me, our neighborhood chain grocery store sells a small selection of falafel mixes. For the brand that I bought, you have to let the mix sit in water for 30 minutes (it's that planning ahead requirement that always causes me to stumble).



The frying requires both a lot of oil and a bit more time and attention than I really wanted to spend (although that's my problem with cooking in general). For the most part, the patties stayed together well and did not fall apart.


They were a bit spicy to me, but nothing some yogurt couldn't fix.
I brought this snack to several meetings of my thesis seminar and my colleagues were thrilled, which is good because they probably weren't thrilled to listen to me explain regulatory takings jurisprudence.


In other international food news, my roommates (all of whom are Hawaiian and/or Asian), have been cooking up some delicious appetizers. These seaweed wraps (made lovingly for the new freshmen from Hawaii) took a looong afternoon and evening to make, but were addictive.


No comments:

Post a Comment