Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pizza: Because It's Easy

This is an incredibly easy recipe and takes no more than 15 minutes. It's one of the first ones that my mother tried to get me to learn.

You need:
A baking sheet
Pesto (I buy it but my mother is fancy and makes it out of homegrown basil)
Sundried tomatoes (canned or dried - doesn't matter)
Feta cheese
Olives (if you want)
Pizza crust (I use the quick and easy Boboli crusts, but my brother is way ahead of me in terms of living-on-your-own skills, and he makes his own crusts from dough)



Preheat your oven according to the directions on the package for the crust. Spread a layer of pesto on the crust, then layer tomatoes, olives, and whatever other toppings you'd like to use. It's easier to chop the tomatoes and olives beforehand so that they will lie flat, but I'm usually lazy and just toss them on as is. Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top. (I told you - EASY!)



Bake according to the package's instructions. For Boboli, it's only about 8-10 minutes. I take the pizza out when the feta on top starts turning a light brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment