Saturday, August 21, 2010

Better Than What the Kids Be Selling

Towards the end of my study abroad time in Jordan, temperatures were getting into the high 80s and we started drinking a lot of mint lemonade. A few members of my host family were very good at throwing this together and it's too bad I never asked for the proportions because I haven't been able to replicate it as well as I would like.

The easy part about this is that you can use whole lemons. No peeling or squeezing. Just chop them up into fourths or so and throw everything into the blender.



Next, grab some mint. We have our own growing out back and this amount wasn't quite enough. I ended up grabbing about three more sprigs.




Throw everything together with some water and mash away. You can also put the sugar directly into the blender or food processor, but I found it easier to add later (directly to the pitcher) as that allows you to add to taste.

Pour everything through a strainer into a pitcher or glass. Add as much sugar as you think it needs.


What you end up with is a light and minty lemonade that I thought was pretty darn good.



No comments:

Post a Comment